This website is owned and operated by The Sound Box Recording Studio. These Terms set forth the terms and conditions under which you may use our website and services as offered by us. This website offers visitors to purchase/schedule time to be used at a selected date and time with an audio engineer provided by The Sound Box Recording Studio. By accessing or using the website of our service, you approve that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms.
In order to use our website and/or receive our services, you must be at least 18 years of age, or of the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction, and possess the legal authority, right and freedom to enter into these Terms as a binding agreement. You are not allowed to use this website and/or receive services if doing so is prohibited in your country or under any law or regulation applicable to you. All parties under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
When buying a service, you agree that: (i) you are responsible for reading the full service listing before making a commitment to buy it: (ii) you enter into a legally binding contract to purchase service when you commit to buy service and you complete the check-out payment process.
The prices we charge for using our services / for our products are listed on the website. We reserve the right to change our prices for products displayed at any time, and to correct pricing errors that may inadvertently occur.
The fee for a subscription service and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the subscription service, such as taxes and possible transaction fees, will be charged on a monthly basis to your payment method.
We may, without prior notice, change the services; stop providing the services or any features of the services we offer; or create limits for the services. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend access to the services without notice and liability for any reason, or for no reason.
The Service and all materials therein or transferred thereby, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos, music and all Intellectual Property Rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of The Sound Box Recording Studio. Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such Intellectual Property Rights, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works thereof.
We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the service without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of these Terms or any applicable law or regulations. You may discontinue use and request to cancel your account and/or any services at any time. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the foregoing, with respect to automatically-renewed subscriptions to paid services, such subscriptions will be discontinued only upon the expiration of the respective period for which you have already made payment.
You agree to indemnify and hold The Sound Box Recording Studio harmless from any demands, loss, liability, claims or expenses (including attorneys’ fees), made against them by any third party due to, or arising out of, or in connection with your use of the website or any of the services offered on the website.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall [website owner], be liable for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, arising out of or relating to the use of, or inability to use, the service.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, The Sound Box Recording Studio assumes no liability or responsibility for any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content; (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to or use of our service; and (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein.
We reserve the right to modify these terms from time to time at our sole discretion. Therefore, you should review this page periodically. When we change the Terms in a material manner, we will notify you that material changes have been made to the Terms. Your continued use of the Website or our service after any such change constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. If you do not agree to any of these terms or any future version of the Terms, do not use or access (or continue to access) the website or the service.
You agree to receive from time-to-time promotional messages and materials from us, by mail, email or any other contact form you may provide us with (including your phone number for calls or text messages). If you don't want to receive such promotional materials or notices – please just notify us at any time.
These Terms, the rights and remedies provided hereunder, and any and all claims and disputes related hereto and/or to the services, shall be governed by, construed under and enforced in all respects solely and exclusively in accordance with the internal substantive laws of Cedar Rapids, IA. without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any and all such claims and disputes shall be brought in, and you hereby consent to them being decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Cedar Rapids, IA. The application of the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is hereby expressly excluded.
Studio: means The Sound Box Recording Studio located at 1044 Mount Vernon Road SE, Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52403. Including all rooms inside of the building: The Sound Lounge, The Bridge, StudioFive and all performance spaces.
Client: means the person or company referred to on the booking message/invoice/receipt.
All studio time includes an engineer, provided by The Sound Box Recording Studio.
For the purposes of this and future agreements, the term “Studio” refers to The Sound Box Recording Studio located at 1044 Mount Vernon Road SE, Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52403. In like manner, the term “Client” refers to the person or company named on the booking message, invoice or receipt.
1. The Client agrees to pay for studio time at the rate in effect at the time of booking. The specified rate is required to confirm studio booking. Rates are subject to change without notice. Minimum session time is two (2) hours for studio time.
2. The Studio will provide studio time and the services of a recording engineer for the duration required by the Client (unless instructed otherwise). Any additional time required for providing Studio services, including, but not limited to, mixing, mastering, creating additional versions, stems and adding to or modifying tracks require additional fees.
3. The Client is responsible for all amounts due and shall make payments to the Studio by cash or credit/debit before the start of the session. Any additional charges incurred must be paid on the completion of the recording session.
4. If the Client requires the services of session musicians (including vocalists), the client will be responsible for all arrangements and paying said musicians. If the Client requests the Studio to arrange for session musicians to be at the recording session, the arrangements will continue to be between the musicians and Client. The Studio is not responsible for any actions by the requested musicians (ie; late/no-show, poor performance). In most cases, payment for additional musicians will be expected at the time services are rendered. The Studio recommends that the Client enter into a separate written agreement with the session musicians prior to the date and time of the booked session.
5. In the event of cancellation or rescheduling of a booked recording session or other scheduled services by the Client with less than a 48-hour notice BEFORE the scheduled session, the Client agrees to forfeit the payment placed to hold the booked session time. All payments for sessions booked as part of a promotion are non-refundable.
6. If the Client arrives late for a scheduled session, he will be responsible for payment of the period of time he was scheduled, and the time will not be extended. If the Client is late in excess of 30 minutes, the Studio reserves the right to cancel the session and the Client forfeits payment.
7. If the Studio is required to cancel a session due to unavoidable circumstances not within the Studio’s control (ie; engineer illness, natural disaster), the Studio will reschedule the session for the earliest available time consistent with the needs of the Client. In the event that neither the Client nor the Studio can reach an agreement on a date and time for re-schedule, the Studio shall refund the full deposit amount to the Client.
8. When Studio session is booked, the time the Client has requested is then reserved for the Client and becomes unavailable for others to rent, If the Client chooses to end the session early, the Client will still be responsible for payment for the entire time in which they have reserved. The Client will not be entitled to a refund or credit if they choose not to utilize the time reserved in its entirety.
The Client may reduce the time of a scheduled session by contacting the Studio at least 48 hours BEFORE the start of the session, as long as the reduced time adheres to the Studio’s Terms regarding Booking Minimums. If the Client fails to request a reduction within the specified time, the reserved time can not be reduced and the previous Terms will remain in effect.
9. All Studio time extension requests are contingent upon Studio availability and must be paid in advance. Regular rates apply to additional Studio time and services provided. If original session was booked through a promotion, the extended time will be charged at the regular Studio rate at the time of the session.
10. Studio “Time” includes set-up, break-down, breaks taken by the Client/Artists and engineer. For sessions lasting 8 hours and longer, the engineer will be entitled to a 30 minute meal break per session. All such time is on-the-clock.
11. The Studio will not issue a refund AFTER a recording session has been performed and/or MP3 or WAV files have been delivered to the Client. We make every effort in working with the Client to deliver the highest quality product per the Client’s expectations. Studio Time and other services are also non-refundable.
12. The Studio shall not transfer recording files or copies thereof to the Client or Client’s representative until all outstanding balances are paid in full. Until such time as the Client has met the monetary terms of the Studio Time Agreement, all recording files will be left at the Studio. When the Client has successfully fulfilled their monetary obligation to the full satisfaction of the agreement, the Studio will release the recording files to the Client. Any and all material protected by copyright shall remain the property of the copyright holder.
13. The Studio is not responsible for creating a backup of the Client’s recording files. All session files shall be released to the Client or Client’s representative at the end of the recording session. It is the Client’s responsibility to provide a personal flash/hard drive to the Studio for the purpose of downloading/releasing the recording files to the Client in their entirety. Alternately, the Studio may transfer all recording files to the Client by attaching a link containing the files and sending to the Client’s email address of record. Any such link will be valid and accessible to the Client for a period of 365 days. On the 366th day, all files will be permanently deleted unless the Client has made other arrangements with the Studio in advance.
14. The Studio is not responsible for any files left on the Studio’s computers at the conclusion of the recording session.
15. The Client shall maintain sole responsibility for all personal items brought to the Studio. The Studio itself holds no liability for any of the Client's personal property that is lost or stolen while on Studio grounds.
16. The Client shall be responsible for any loss or damage to the Studio or the Studio’s property that is caused as a direct result of misuse, negligence and/or careless actions by the Client or any part of the Client’s party.
17. The Client assumes full responsibility for the condition of the premises upon departure. The Client also agrees to pay to the Studio all fees necessary to return the Studio to the pre-session condition should the Studio be left unclean or in any type of disrepair.
18. The Client hereby claims sole responsibility for obtaining any and all licenses needed before duplication or replication of any works in which the Client does not lawfully own the rights to. It would be in the Client’s best interest to assign ISRC codes for each recorded track, which should be embedded in the digital media when the master is produced. The Client also assumes full responsibility for any and all fees associated with obtaining such licenses and codes.
19. Any violation of these terms and conditions by the Client or any member of the Client’s party is grounds for immediate termination of this agreement. At such time that this agreement is terminated, Client and all persons included in Client’s party shall be escorted from the property and the Client forfeits all payments already paid to the Studio. Client will then be banned from use of the Studio’s facilities. The Studio or Studio Representative reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and/or determine when a violation of these terms has occurred.
20. The Client hereby releases the Studio from any liability for harm or damage that may occur to property, equipment or persons in Client’s party while on Studio grounds.
21. Smoking of any kind, including cigarettes, marijuana, vape pens or hookahs is not permitted in the Studio Rooms at any time before, during or after a recording session. If the Client or any member of their party is in violation, the Client agrees that the session will be cancelled and all payments already made will be forfeited.
22.Studio clients and their guests are not allowed to bring any type of pet, such as a dog or a cat, in the Studio facility. Violation will result session cancelation without any refund.
23. The Client hereby agrees that the Studio, under its own discretion, may use their photos, voice, works, name or likeness for purposes of promoting the studio. This will be done through Social Media, Blog, news and any other appropriate platform where a Client’s talent will be showcased for the benefit of the Studio. The Studio upholds in high regard the privacy of the Clients. For this reason, the Studio will never sell, share or download the Client’s recordings without prior written consent from the Client.
24. Should any portion of this Agreement prove to be unlawful or invalid, the remainder of the agreement shall continue to be upheld as a valid and binding contract. This Agreement is governed by the laws and statutes of United States of America. In the event of a disagreement between the Client and the Studio regarding the performance of the Agreement, both parties hereby agree to attempt to resolve their issues through mediation. If an agreement cannot be reached through mediation, the order set forth through litigation will be followed according to the terms of that order and attorney’s fees will be paid by the party found to be at fault.
25. This constitutes the entire agreement between the Client and the Studio. Any changes must be in writing, signed and agreed upon by both parties. By entering into a booking agreement, the Client confirms that they have read, and fully understands the terms and conditions and does hereby agree to all provisions.
Refunds are only available within 7 days of the payment being processed if no *Time has been used.
Once time has been used for a session, or it has been more than 7 days, there will be no refunds, and remaining time can be booked within 12 months of purchasing.
Refunds may be requested no less than 48 hours from the date of purchase. No exceptions.
Plan will automatically renew on the date you select, each month, for a total of 3 months.
You may cancel at any time.
Refunds are only available within 7 days of the payment being processed if no *Time has been used.
Once time has been used for a session, or it has been more than 7 days, there will be no refunds, and remaining time can be booked within 1 month of purchasing.
Time may only roll over based on availability, and at the owners discretion. (Ex. Plan Start Time is chosen to be on March 25th, must be used between March 25th and April 25th. The second month would renew on April 25th and you would then be able to book the next block of 6 hours between April 25th and May 25th etc.)
*Time has been used. - Would be considered used if a session has been scheduled, and the engineer assigned to the time was present at the start of the scheduled session.